Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blood Hero

This weekend I accomplished one of my newest goals, which is to be an active blood donor again. My husband and I made it part of our date, and we had a blast doing it together. We sat across from each other and joked around with the staff that we were racing on who would get done the fastest. The staff was cheering us on... Freeman finished in 4 minutes, mine was 5min. Then as they have us raise our blood drawn arm in the air, my husband proudly displayed one finger up, signaling he was #1. He got a good laugh in from that. We enjoyed free snacks and beverages during our 15 minutes of waiting afterwards before heading out. It was all done in an hour, and will probably be quicker the next time we go. Such and easy process and you get some great snacks for FREE afterwards. It was such a nice way to spend time with my husband, instead of going to a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment